Why You Shouldn’t Ask Your Big Brothers To Babysit Your Doll*

Doll*No dolls were harmed in the taking of this picture, nor was any little sister even remotely insulted.  My daughter, who has never once in her life missed the opportunity to enjoy a good crisis, has recognized this an excellent opportunity for anguished visits with the Imaginary Doctor and dramatic vigils at the Imaginary Bedside.

42 thoughts on “Why You Shouldn’t Ask Your Big Brothers To Babysit Your Doll*

1. A Maui Blog says:

So what’s the prognosis? Is this doll gonna be ok? gotta love the big brothers! (good thing I don’t see a cast on the legs and arms…. I guess that’s good. Out of ICU already?

2. Gena says:

I’m just relieved she’s not missing an appendage. Those kinds of dolls are a little disturbing. They’re obviously taking great care of this one…. (And thanks for yesterday’s comment mistake, by the way)

3. T with Honey says:

This makes me even more certain that Princess and her baby brother will get along just fine. She does this kind of thing to her own dolls all the time. In fact my mom sends her band-aids just for her dolls. I’ve gotten very good at removing goo from her babies. And stuffies.

4. Jenn says:

Reminds me of the time my brothers ripped my Barbie apart and sprayed painted my brand new coat and pink Hot Wheels neon orange! Big brothers can be such pests!!

5. rsd says:

I remember with great fondness the drama Nick and I caused you by de-clothing one of your dolls while you were gone somewhere. Being a brother rocks!

6. mandy says:

We had to send ours to the REAL hospital once. She had a head injury. I really think my kid just wanted the “get well” certificate & the hospital gown.

7. *~Michelle~* says:

Ahhhhhhh, reminds me of when I would wake up to find my doll house sabotaged by my older brother. The baby would be stuck in the toilet, the mother dangling in the staircase and the father getting ready to jump off the roof.
    now that I think about it…..I might have some emotional scarring from that.
    *shudder*

8. Ashleigh (Heart and Home) says:

Back when I was playing with my American Girl dolls, they had a real “doll hospital” in which the doll came home with a hospital gown, get well balloon, certificate of good health and no more issues! I must admit, I hoped either my Samantha or Felicity would have a reason to go, but other than frizzy hair, they were perfectly healthy. So I created my own drama, sewed my own gowns and set up my own hospital.

9. It Feels Like Chaos says:

Such a funny picture! My daughter has the same doll, a big brother and a little brother so I’m sure her’s will suffer the same fate someday. Hopefully just the bandages and not real wounds!

10. Joy says:

That is too funny!!! My sister got ahold of my first ever doll when i was little and colored all over it with marker (or so I have been told). I was less then pleased as I proceeded to tell her what a bad sister she was. Things memories are made of.

11. Pam says:

One of my grandaughters American Girl Dolls had to be sent to their “Doll Hospital”….she was returned in a hospital gown with a wristband…..My grandaughter was
    thrilled!!!

12. Tara says:

See, that’s great. My daughter with three older brothers just got a really beautiful baby doll the other day. I think the boys like it more than she does. They brush her hair, put on her little shoes and socks and toss her back and forth like a football. πŸ˜‰

13. Jane Anne says:

I am so glad that your daughter is having fun taking her doll to the imaginary doctor. I have to admit that your post title made me cringe imaging one upset little sweetie. Although, if I had thought about it I might have realized that the boys wouldn’t have taken the time to bandage up the doll baby!

14. Jen Hinton says:

Ok this totally cracked me up! I never had a brother who was close enough in age to hurt my dolls but I can now imagine what he would have done. Thanks mom for having us so far apart in age.

15. genny says:

Awww…how sad. But cute. My daugther is ten and I still catch her playing “imaginary stories” with her dolls and stuffed animals. I hope she never outgrows it!