Where I Am

Hi, blog friends. I'd planned to take the month of August off for working on the book and settling the kids back in to school. It has turned out to be even more well-timed than I could've known–my father-in-law passed away suddenly this week, so there has much to attend to. I'll be running things from the archives for a while until the dust settles. Our family would appreciate your prayers during a difficult time.

Go love on your families and friends. I'll see you back here in a bit.

100 thoughts on “Where I Am

1. Nicole says:

Im so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I am “father-in-law-less” and that’s a special relationship that cant be replaced. Prayers for you and your family.

2. Jenni says:

So sorry to hear this Shannon. Many prayers being said on your families behalf that you may all be graced with Heavenly Fathers comfort!

3. :) Heather S. says:

Praying for you and yours….the Lord is holding you ever in his embrace especially now at this difficult time!!

4. Tracy says:

So very sorry to hear about your loss. I’m saying prayers for comfort and strength for your family. Take care of yourselves.

5. Cheri says:

Shannon,
    I’m so very sorry. My mom is in the end stages of her battle with cancer and probably won’t make it another week. I pray for you and I grieve with you.
    Cheri

6. Shannon says:

Cheri, I’m so sorry–what a terribly dark time this must be for you and your family. Praying that you and your mother will experience God’s comfort and peace in a profound way.

7. sharon says:

I so completely understand. When my father died last fall I took over 2 months off from blogging. Take all the time you need. Grieve and grieve some more. It’s okay. Really. Give yourself, your husband, your family permission to grieve the way they need to grieve. It will be different for each one. It’s okay. Let them. God will sustain you through all the pain and sorrow. It won’t be easy, but He’ll be there. Always.

8. Dionna says:

I’m so sorry. I can relate a little – my grandpa only has a few weeks left to live and we found out about 1 week and a half ago.
    Be good to yourself during this time…

9. Linda Sue says:

Sorry I had not been keeping up – I am so sorry for the sudden loss of your father in law and know all too well the devastation such loss brings to a family. Bless y’all and peace from the One who truly can comfort us. Be gentle with one another – it helps a lot.

10. Barbara H. says:

I am so sorry to hear of this. It’s hard even when the one we have lost knows the Lord — we can’t wish them back but still miss them immensely. I trust your family will experience God’s grace above measure in the days to come.
    I wanted to thank you for your recommendation of Aaron’s Gate/Arcadia Inn several weeks back. My son just got married in OK City last week and they spent their honeymoon night there — I had sent them the link after seeing your post. They really enjoyed it and said the folks went out of their way to make it special for them.

11. Beth says:

Hoping you’re feeling the love and prayers we’re sending your way…
    I’m so sorry about your Father-in-law. Keeping you and your family in our prayers.

12. Debbie says:

So sorry to here about your father-in law.I’m sure you are holding each other tight and I will send prayers up for your family.

13. Beth says:

You all are in my prayers. I can’t imagine what it’s like to lose a parent, but I know exactly what it’s like to lose a grandparent at a young age, so I especially feel for your kids. God bless you all.

14. GiBee says:

Hi Shannon — I know you’re going through a busy time as well as grieving the loss of your father-in-law. I’m so sorry to hear the sad news.
    At the same time, I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday, because your day shouldn’t go un-noticed! Hugs and prayers to you.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!