36 thoughts on “What I Found On My Kitchen Counter This Morning

1. prasti says:

lol! “pepper spray.” did i read that correctly? on a side note, your son has fantastic, legible handwriting! i am very impressed. now if only i can get my 13 y.o. son to do the same…

2. Stretchmarkmama says:

I decided just this week to add MythBusters to next year’s science curriculum. They do some amazing experiments (complete with charts and graphs!) and my boys are bored out of their gourd with celery and food coloring. 😀 Time to (watch someone else) blow stuff up!

3. Shannon says:

Thank you. That’s my 11 year old, who writes more neatly than anyone else in the family. If the 13 year old had written it…well, let’s just say it wouldn’t have translated as easily via photo. 😉

4. JJ says:

hahahaha! That’s awesome! (maybe a little scary, but still awesome). Just think – he was planning this instead of playing xbox. I call that a win. Can’t wait til my kids are old enough for Mythbusters!

5. Tricia says:

That’s great! Mythbusters is one of my 2yo’s favorite shows. He’s such a daredevil that it worries me he likes the show so much. I can’t imagine what I have in store for me with him!

6. Kathy at Wellness Roadtrip says:

My boys are obsessed with Myth Busters. And didn’t they just have a marathon to celebrate an anniversary? I told my boys we could blow up some fast food as a comment on how I feel about that stuff. I think they’re going to hold me to it! If so it will make my blog for sure!

7. JeneeLyn says:

I think you have a budding engineer on your hands! Don’t you just love when kids use their brains like that?

8. Raise Them Up says:

My DVR is currently hogged up with Mythbusters shows. Thanks to the teamwork of my boys (12, 11, and 5). Their favorite so far? The thirty foot high flames you get when you toss a glass of water on a grease fire. YIKES!

9. Blue Castle says:

My guys love MythBusters. They’ve learned so much and now know why when I had a small grease fire a while back, I wouldn’t let them throw water on it, thanks to one of their latest shows. It would be interesting to hear the stories the mothers of those two guys (on MythBusters) have to tell of their growing up years.

10. Chris says:

My little brother watches mythbusters all the time. He hasn’t tried to build anything yet, but I think that day is just around the corner.
    Cool picture!

11. Ande says:

We have started working on the slip ‘n’ slide idea. The neigbors have a nice pond. One Thanksgiving it was Diet Coke and Mentos with another homeschool family. Oh, yes, we have been known to try that at home.

12. Leslie says:

Ha! Awesome. My son used to sketch out plans for ginormous cat “play areas” made with boxes. They included ducts, backyards, and a bathroom – only a small amount of the “rooms” he had planned. Needless to say, I’d let him work on one until he got tired (which was usually 30 minutes) and then “accidentally” trip over a box and send it out to the garage.

13. Genny says:

That is sooo something my son would come up with too. (And, yes, he likes Mythbusters!)
    Hope you are doing well, Shannon. I haven’t been by in a while, but it is always so wonderful to pop by! I really do love your blog. 🙂